April 27, 2012
As the year rolls along and I continue learning and exploring new things, I’ve come to realize that my initial challenge of creating a complete project each month isn’t working. It’s not for a lack of wanting to do it or lack of time really, but more in that it’s not conducive to allowing me to explore everything that I want to explore. There could be projects that only take a week to put together, while others may take months. Trying to fit it into a 1 month limit doesn’t make sense for me anymore. Especially when a large chunk of my time may be spent learning the next thing, such as the last 6 weeks or so devoted to just learning C++. No projects are coming out in the that time on top of learning a new language.
Continue: April 2012 Update
April 9, 2012
For this month’s project, I set out to redesign this blog a bit. Well not a total redesign, but more of a facelift. I wasn’t able to get to everything that I wanted to update, but I came up with an overall updated design for the blog posts, side bar, and footer. I’ll have to revisit the design again when it comes to some of the other pages, such as my about and contact pages. I’ve also decided that I’ll move my work from my old flash site into something a bit more relevant and updated in the work section here.
Next will be finding time to actually implement the update. It might not come until May. It would be nice to have something a little less embarrassing to look at by the time the Eyeo festival rolls around. But for now, baby steps. This will end up being my side project to my side project, which I’ll talk about in the next post.
I’m so sick of looking at this current design. Maybe it’ll come sooner.
March 2012 Project – A Redesign