July 20, 2009
I have a new flash project up that I’ve been working on for a few months on and off.
This is an Oscars ballot site that was set up for my family and friends. I used a bit of practical Papervision3D for the ballot selection and Aftereffects for the transitions. It was a fun project, but now it’s time to move on to the next project, the personal portfolio site redesign.
July 12, 2009
I came across this article yesterday while looking for some simple papervision3D optimization help:
I discovered some of them through my own trial and error process while some others helped double the overall framerate of my swf from 15/30 or so to around 28/30.
The most valuable processor saving tip that I discovered was that you should only make your viewport dimensions as large as you need it to be. Originally, my viewport was the same dimension as the stage, but when I decreased it so that it was only the size of the area that I need to be papervision3d, that’s when I saw the greatest jump is framerate efficiency.